Punjab is the most developed, most populous, and most prosperous province of Pakistan. Lahore being the main cultural, traditional and economic centre of Punjab has served as the capital of Punjab for a thousand years. Historically, the Punjab region has been the gateway to the Indian subcontinent for invaders who came from Greece, Central Asia, Iran and Afghanistan, Alot of saints and preachers have stepped in this continent to spread the message of Islam. Due to Punjabs stategic location, it has been part of various empires and civilizations throughout history, including the Indus Valley Civilization, Vedic civilization, Mauryans, Kushans, Scythians, Guptas, Greeks, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Mongol, Timurids, Mughals, Afghans, Sikhs and the British. Many places of central Punjab and other parts of Punjab are famous for housing many Holy shrines of famous preachers of Islam, The devastation of Khorasan and Western Iran was to benefit of this part of Pakistan for it led to the settling in this city of a large number of pious and learned men and noble families like Gardezi Syeds and Qureshis from Khwarizm, following are the list of Shrines found out in Punjab.
Shrines in Multan:
Multan is considered to be a home of many Holy shrines of Famous Islamic preachers, The devastation of Khorasan and Western Iran was to the benefit of this part of Pakistan, for it led to the settling in this city of a large number of pious and learned men and noble families like Gardezi Syeds and Qureshis from Khwarizm, amongst whom Sheikh Bahauddin Zakarai is a famous saint. About the same time Pir Shams Sabzawari from Sabzwar and Kazi Qutbuddin from Kashan came to Multan. Baba Farid Shakar Ganj was born in a village of Multan, and settled in Pakpattan. Khawaja Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki passed through Multan to Delhi and Syed Jalal, the spiritual leader of many families in Multan, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur came to Uch. Sultan Sakhi Sarwar’s father also emigrated from Bukhara to Sarwar Shah Kot in Multan district. These venerable men contributed greatly to spreading Islam in this area. The saints and shrines of Multan have been attracting a large number of devotees all the year round. Here are some of the Shrines famous in Multan,
- Sheikh Baha-ud-din Zakria’s shrine
- Shah Rukn-e-Alam’s Shrine
- Hazrat Shams Sabzwari Shrine
- Shrines of Channan Pir
Shrines In Lahore:
Lahore is the capital of the Pakistani province of Punjab and the second largest city in the country. With a rich and fabulous history dating back to over a thousand years ago, Lahore has been a center of cultural heritage for many civilizations. It successively served as regional capital of the empires of the Shahi kingdoms in the 11th century, the Ghaznavids in the 12th century, the Ghurid State in the 12th and 13th century, the Mughal Empire in the 16th century, Lahore houses one of the most famous shrines of Saints from the old ages visited by Devotees from all over the World and Pakistan. Here is a list of the famous shrines housed in Lahore,
- Shrine of Data Sahib
- The Shrine of Syed Abul Hassan Bin Usman Bin Ali Al-Hajweri at the Data Durbar Complex in Lahore
- The Shrine of Bibi Pak Daman (Shrine of the ‘Six Holy Ladies’) in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Shah Jamal in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Shah Hussain (and Madho Lal), Lahore.
Shrines in Gujrat:
Gujrat is a city in Pakistan. It is the capital of Gujrat District and the Gujrat Tehsil subdivision in the Punjab Province situated on the bank of Chenab River, situated about 120 kilometres north of The Shrine of Daula Shah Lahore, the capital city of Punjab province. The major sources of livelihood among the Gujrat populace are agriculture and small industries. Gujrat has many historical values as it existed in the time of Alexander the Great, and that the city’s Raja Porus put up a fierce challenge to Alexander’s invasion at the bank of the Jehlum River. Gujrat is also famous for Shah Daula who was the Saint of the City He Was famous throughout the area when Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji (1595–1644) Sixth Prophet of the Sikhs was passing though Gujrat City Shah Daula had a glimpse of Guru Sahib. Here is a list of some of the famous Shrines in Gujrat visited by Devotees from all over Punjab and Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Ghouse_e_Yegana Hazarat Pir syed Naseeb Ali Shah,Challay Sharief Gujrat
- The Shrine of Pir Syed Walait Ali Shah,Gujrat
Shrines of Sialkot:
Sialkot is located in Pakistan in the north-east of the Punjab province under foothills of snow-covered peaks of Kashmir near the Chenab river. It is the capital of Sialkot District. The city is about 125 km north-west of Lahore The recorded history of Shrine of Imam Ali-ul-Haq Sialkot covers thousands of years. Sialkot has, since its foundation, changed hands from Hindu, Buddhist, Persian, Greek, Afghan, Turk, Sikh, Mughal and British rule to that of present-day Pakistan. Silakot houses many Shrines of Great saints who entered Silakot in the 13th century during Feroz Shah Tughlaq’s Dynasty, theses saints helped in converting the majority to Islam. Some of the famous shrines located in Sialkot are as follow
- The holy shrine of Hazarat pir syed Jamat Ali Shah(Ameer-e-millat)in Ali Pur Sharief
- The Holy Shrine of Hazarat Pir Syed Faiz-ul Hassan Shah in Allomahar sharif
- Pir Syed Faiz ul Hasan a famous religious scholar and speaker of islam known as Khatib ul Islam
- Pir Syed Muhammad Channan Shah Nuri
- Pir Syed Amin Shah
- Syed Muhammad Hussain Shah and syed Khalid Hasan Shah
Punjab is the most Densely populated province in Pakistan, with significant historical values, Many Holy people and saints visited Punjab for the preaching of Islam, some of the other Holy shrines located in Punjab are listed below,
- The Shrine of Hazrat Khwaja Muhammad Shams-ud-Din(Shams-ul-Aarfeen) Sialvi Sial Sharif .
- The holy shrine of Syed Jamat ali shah lasani and syed pir Ali Hussain shah naqsh_e_lasani,Pir Hafiz Syed Abid Hussain shah Naqsha-e-Naqsh-e-Lasani, Alipur Syedan Sharif, Narowal
- The holy shrine of Hazrat Pir Sher Muhammad, Sharqpur Sharif, Sheikhupura.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Pir Syed Ismail Ali Shah Bukhari in Karmanwala Sharif, District Okara, Punjab, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Daud Bandagi Kirmani in Shergarh, District Okara, Punjab, Pakistan.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Pir Syed Noor-Ul-Hassan Shah,Kailianwala Sharif, Gujranwala.
- The Shrine of Hazrat Khawja Pir Muhammad Karam Hussain Alqadri Mangani Sharif Jhang, Pakistan